Does your child struggle with taking tests?
35% of students have test anxiety. This is often because they aren’t very experienced with the exam formats. Here are some tips for keeping stress levels down, and test scores high!
Iowa Assessments are given to students during the beginning of the school year. Our test preparation techniques and tutoring are great for getting your child ready to master standardized testing.
- Relax – Take some deep breaths before you begin, and be confident! Remind yourself that you are going to do your best.
- Practice – Taking practice tests will help familiarize yourself with the testing format. Fill in answer bubbles, transfer answers to testing booklets, and follow the testing symbols.
- Read the directions carefully – Simple mistakes can be made if you don’t read the directions. Take some time to read them and if you don’t understand something, ask the teacher to clarify it.
- Visualize – Draw a picture in your head about what the question is asking. If you’re working on a reading section, make a movie in your head about what is happening in the story.
- Answer the easy questions first – To help build your confidence, answer the questions that you know first. Skip the more difficult ones so that you can come back and spend more time on them.
- Cross out incorrect answers – On multiple choice exams, read all of the options and eliminate answers you know are wrong as you go.
- Look it over – When you are finished, look over the test to make sure you didn’t skip any questions and that your answers are filled in correctly.
Call Enrichment to find out more!
Call now for your FREE consultation | 319.358.6323